Advocacy/Lobbying – EISAZ regularly interacts with relevant government ministries/bodies to lobby for policies that benefit its members
Representation in labour matters – EISAZ undertakes this function on behalf of its members to ensure that labour disputes at Conciliation, Arbitration and the Labour court are dealt with in a proper and expeditious manner.
Research and Development – EISAZ conducts research and development for specific issues affecting the sector in partnership with various tertiary institutions
Dissemination of information – EISAZ regularly update members with information that is pertinent to suit their business needs through newsletters, seminars/workshops, round table discussions, breakfast meetings , regional council meetings and Annual General Meetings (AGMs)
Collective Bargaining – EISAZ represents and negotiate terms and conditions that govern employees and employers in the Engineering Iron and Steel Industry at NEC Engineering. This includes annual wage negotiations, exemptions applications etc
Objectives of the Association
The Association`s objectives are as follows;
- To exercise the functions of an employer`s organisation.
- To promote the business interests of members
- To regulate and co-ordinate the relations between members and their employees and further the interests of members in relation to their employees.
- To promote skills development
- To promote good labour relations in the engineering, iron and steel industry.
- To provide members with information to assist them in the running of their businesses.
- To develop standards for its members to comply with as well as a code of ethics for the industry
Membership and subscriptions
Membership of the association is granted to any employer who is qualified for membership. Upon joining, the member shall appoint a nominee and an alternate to represent that member in all dealings with the Association.