The future of successful economies and prospering free societies will very much depend on a new type of collaboration between various players. We are glad to inform you that the Association has entered into a partnership with HARARE POLYTECNIC to unlock the resources of our tertiary institutions as a gateway to problem-solving and discovery. The areas of partnership between the Association and the College are as follows;
- The budding graduates from Harare Polytechnic could play a key role in technological up - gradation, innovation and competitiveness of the companies within EISAZ. Close co-operation between EISAZ and the College would be of major benefit to the student community to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- PROJECTS WORK OF STUDENTS - Students of the College in the respective areas of specialization of the institution will be allowed at a time for project work at EISAZ`s Students will work in mutually agreeable areas identified by both Parties. The areas identified for co-operation are mechanical engineering, agricultural engineering, foundries, commercial refrigeration, information technology, electrical engineering, management and commerce etc.
- SHARING OF FACILITIES – The Parties agreed to share their respective important R&D facilities in order to promote academic and research in the areas of cooperation. Both Parties agreed to share and utilize equipment, facilities, hardware, software and other materials & components developed in house in the area of co-operation if advisable within the framed rules governing both institutions. Access to laboratory, library and other supporting facilities for joint Research and Development programs will be provided by the Harare Polytechnic.
- JOINT CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS - Both Parties agreed to hold/conduct, whenever feasible, national events, joint workshops, conferences, training programs within areas of mutual interest.
- ATTACHMENT OF LECTURERS & STUDENTS – EISAZ will facilitate placement of the College`s lecturers and students on attachment in its members` organisations for the purposes of practical development of the lecturers and students for a limited period not exceeding one year.
- INDUSTRIAL VISITS – The Parties’ interaction will give an insight into the latest development or requirements of the Engineering Iron and Steel Industry in Zimbabwe. The College will permit its Lecturers and Students to periodically visit companies belonging to EISAZ`s The industrial exposure provided to the lecturers and students through this association will build confidence and prepare the students to have a smooth transition from academic to working career.
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT – Both parties have agreed to carry out joint research activities in the fields of mechanical engineering, agricultural engineering, foundries, commercial refrigeration, information technology, electrical engineering, management and commerce etc.
- GUEST LECTURES – EISAZ will extend the necessary support to deliver guest lectures to the students of the College on technological trends and in-house requirements. The College to facilitate release of personnel to deliver lectures/invited talks to EISAZ`s
- CURRICULUM DESIGN – EISAZ will give valuable input to the Harare Polytechnic in training methodology so that students fit into the industrial scenario meaningfully.
We hereby kindly encourage all our members to utilise the opportunities that will arise from this partnership for the betterment of our industry and we are pursuing further partnership agreements with three more tertiary institutions which include two universities.
EISAZ Sectretary General